Saturday, May 07, 2005

Bitter to Sweet

It has been a long time since I last posted. I guess life has been busy.

Ex 15:22-27
22 Then Moses led Israel from the Red Sea and they went into the Desert of Shur. For three days they traveled in the desert without finding water. 23 When they came to Marah, they could not drink its water because it was bitter. (That is why the place is called Marah.) 24 So the people grumbled against Moses, saying, "What are we to drink?"
25 Then Moses cried out to the LORD, and the LORD showed him a piece of wood. He threw it into the water, and
the water became sweet.
There the LORD made a decree and a law for them, and there he tested them. 26 He said, "If you listen carefully to the voice of the LORD your God and do what is right in his eyes, if you pay attention to his commands and keep all his decrees, I will not bring on you any of the diseases I brought on the Egyptians, for
I am the LORD, who heals you."
27 Then they came to Elim, where there were twelve springs and seventy palm trees, and they camped there near the water.


This was a portion of my devos this morning. I wonder what "stuff" in my life would go from bitter to sweet if I just applied some simple obiedence. Isn't it easier to be satisfied with bitter water, especially when we are decieved to believe it is normal. hmmm. What am I drinking that I think is normal, but is actually bitter. Yuck! I better get my taste buds aligned with God's Spirit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home