Thursday, May 12, 2005

Lock Up

Every Wednesday I walk through the Church after youth service to make sure it is locked up. Yesterday Jacob and I did it together. He helped me turn off the lights and was running around saying whoa each time the lights went out. He thought it was great to run through the church empty and dark.

It was fun for me to go and lock up the Church with my boy. For some reason certain memories of my childhood are ingrained into my memory. One of them is locking up the Church with my Dad. I must have just been seven or eight years old, but I have distinct memories of setting the alarm system and running out before it when off. Funny how some memories just stick with you and others just slip away. That is one of many memories I have about Salt Lake City, Utah. So it was fun to do the same with my son here in Hibbing. Our system is not quite as high tech as Valley back in 1982. We use a sliding dead lock that is manual on two side doors. No keys necessary. Probably what you would see in a dungeon or prison or something.

Anyways, it was fun for me to do the same thing with my son that my Dad used to do with me. I am sure Jacob won't remember it but I definately will. BTW just for your information. It is May 12th and 20 degrees and snowing here this morning. Yeah!

2 Comments:

Blogger JC said...

I'm so glad you like locking up the church in the dark.

12:11 PM  
Blogger [ brooke ] said...

That's a good way to spend quality time with your son.

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home