Monday, December 12, 2005

How do you know you live in Hibbing?

If this happen to you on a daily basis then you live near or in Hibbing, MN.

When you approach a four way stop and you notice a car that has stopped at the four way stop to the right or left of you. Now you are about three blocks away, you expect the car to move through the intersection and you will precede with a yield instead of a full stop because that is what NORMALLY happens. Not in Hibbing. You will continue to pull up to the four way stop still waiting for the other car to cross. You come to a FULL stop...Wait...glare...and finally the person then WAVES YOU THROUGH the stop sign. WHAT! You have been sitting here for a full 5 minutes now! Why don't you go! Those are the things that go through my head. Truly my favorite thing about this Hib-like driving is when you are behind someone and they stop wait 30 minutes for another car to come and then wave them through!

When I first moved here I was about to go crazy. I actually almost killed 30 or 40 elderly people to are the founders of this Hib-like four way stop policy. But now I find myself stopping and waving people through. It is like a battle to see who can be more polite at the four way stops. So if you wondering if you are in Hibbing all you have to do is ask yourself, "have I been waved through a four way stop lately" if the answer is yes then your in Hib-town.

5 Comments:

Blogger Colonel Havoc said...

Brilliant. Absolutely Brilliant.

Heh heh. It's funny...because it's true.

For the Record, The Colonel does NOT wave people through.

6:28 AM  
Blogger Shainerz said...

HAHAHA!! Isn't that the truth??? I remember Jess Broberg telling me when she moved to Hibbing that it drove her crazy too! Really must be a Hibbing thing....

6:37 AM  
Blogger Shainerz said...

Woah...I thought I was posting on the Williamson blog. I have no idea how I got here...then I went to your blog and thought that you had copied Mrs. Williamson's post because you thought it was funny or something? Wow...I guess that's what happens when you only get 4 1/2 hours of sleep.

6:44 AM  
Blogger dangeresque dan said...

the 4-way intersection is one of my favorite things in Hibbing driving. I've also been fond of the no courtesy drivers on the high-ways who don't let you merge. They keep right in their lane and refuse to move over even though there is no one there. Ahh, good times for driving.

12:09 PM  
Blogger [ brooke ] said...

Don't you love it?

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home