Sunday, July 09, 2006

Bonk = Staples

Jess, I and the boys went over to one of our youth leaders house a couple weeks ago. We hung out and ate dinner and had desert with them. It was a lot of fun spending time getting to know some of those who will be instrumental in our ministry here.

Towards the end of the evening Jacob was getting a little tired and was sitting on this ottoman thing and he was acting goofy and kept fall off.

Of course I said, " hey stop acting goofy your are going to fall off and hit your head."

Sure enough flop, bonk and the screaming started. So I picked him up. No big deal he has hit his head a gazillion times. It is by far the toughest spot on his body. The next thing I know is Jess is screaming something about gushing blood. I look and I am turning red quickly. So my first reaction is to run in the kitchen as to make sure that we don't get blood on the carpet. We apply some pressure and go to the bathroom to check it out. Yep, sure enough he gonna need stiches. ( I left out about 12 pages of Jess yell and moaning about her little boy and all the high pitched panicing she was doing)

So we take him to the hospital and he gets four staples to the head. He was great in the hospital.

He kept saying, " when is the nursey come and give me special medicine."

He was pretty sweet to his mommy on the ride to the hospital.

He was saying, "It's ok mommy. I all better now. I all better mommy. Yeah, it's better."

I kept wondering who was consoling who on the ride to the hospital.

So for the next week each time that we passed someone Jacob would ask them if they would like to see his staples. So here I am in the middle of walmart while blue haired old ladies have his head pinned to the car checking out his injury. He was reeling in the candy out of grandmas purses through out the isle of walmart.

6 Comments:

Blogger [ brooke ] said...

Poor little guy. I'm glad he was able to console Jess and that he turned out okay. I'd want to show them off, too..

LOVE YOU!

10:55 AM  
Blogger JC said...

Yikes! First trip to the hospital for stiches. We havn't had to do that...yet.
We're in farm country too, it's like this: corn field...Lowes...cornfield....Super Walmart...cornfield...Big R....cornfield...you get the idea

9:21 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Hopefully that will be the first and last of Jacob's injuries. I'm getting all emotional from your post. I know exactally how Jess feels. It's just different for us moms. Love you guys!

Jodi

7:25 AM  
Blogger The Lord works! You should, too... said...

omigosh pa ive been trying to leave comments on jess's blog and the rev blog and just havent been getting thru and then i finally found this one and now i look and jacobs got staples in his lil head and i miss u guys like crazy and im glad u almost found a house and im hoping to see u on a road trip but it might not be possible which sucks. But i love u guys and tell jacob to get that candy!!!!!

8:05 PM  
Blogger Beckie said...

I miss you guys so much. Tell Jess to give me a call. I see you got your phones disconnected. Put some more pics of the boys on. We miss seeing them. Now Jacob and Isaac have matching head wounds. It was almost exactly one year ago when Isaac cut his head open in the same spot.

10:20 AM  
Blogger Vicki Brodie said...

ok, aaron, i can just hear the "jess piercing" yell. :) laughing my head off

5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home